Proactive Solution constantly advertises their "risk-free trial" of their three top-selling products for $19.95, which seems reasonable.I ordered the "trial" over the phone giving my card number for the $19.95 + shipping total.
I received the trial product and it was just OK, nothing special about it - didn't work any differently than anything else on the market. I would not have ordered any more Proactiv products as they are expensive and not worth it. The following month, I received a bill in the mail for $49.95 + shipping indicating that this was to pay for my first shipment of Proactiv. I contacted them to ask about this charge and was told that I had "joined their membership" by ordering the "risk-free trial" and that once per month I was now going to be billed that amount to pay for a "monthly supply" of Proactiv.
I informed that that I had never agreed to joining their membership and to cancel it immediately, which they said they did and sent me a cancellation notification. Seemed OK until I received a letter from a collection agency informing me that my payment of $49.95 + shipping was long overdue. A collection agency? So I once again contacted Proactiv who told me that in order for them to call off the collections agency, I had to mail back the shipment to them.
I asked if they meant the "trial" shipment that I had already paid for and they said no, the first shipment of my monthly membership. I told them I had never received anything else from them other than the original "trial" package which they had already charged $19.95 + shipping to my credit card for. This went on for months and I kept telling them I never received anything to send back to them. All I kept getting were more letters from the collection agency, who in turn reported this to the credit bureau.
Because it is almost impossible to purchase anything, like a car, house, etc., with a negative on your credit report, I finally had to send Proactiv a check for this amount for a product I never received from them.
If you want to keep a good credit score, don't purchase ANYTHING from Proactiv.Also, their products simply aren't worth the money they think they are.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Trial Membership
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I tried this Proactiv 3-step system and it ruined my skin. Proactiv was the only products I was using, and I followed all the directions carefully and even tested it..."
- "Amazing products! After using them for 3 years, I enrolled in esthetician school. I brought them in so the teacher can look at them. Great ingredients. For them to work..."
- "2 ladies Lindsay Johnson and Krystal Ziadi made a some fb posts that were completely immature and out of line. These are not the type of "women" you should be..."
- "What an absolutely pathetic experience. If you shop from these guys make sure to use a credit card which offers buyer protection. For me it has become a..."
- "I contacted LAM, after getting a floods of recommendation (I wonder how she managed to serve those to her client prospect) and came out with a terrible negative result. I was..."
- "When attempting to order something online the site failed to process my debit card. So I called and placed the order. A week later I find that I had been charged..."
- "So i brought an $20 and $10 burger king gift card and received an email from WALMARTONLINE@e-deliverygroup.com saying to click on link to "view/send giftcard" i went onto the link..."
- "Stayed here for 5 days. Simply the best hotel you can find in Papagayo Gulf. The staff is always willing to help you. The food is great, with the system..."
- "I have been a loyal member for over a year and ready to leave. It used to be a great site when I started, but nothing is stopping the..."