Proactiv "Trial Offer" is a scam
Proactive Solution constantly advertises their "risk-free trial" of their three top-selling products for $19.95, which seems reasonable.I ordered the "trial" over the phone giving my card number for the $19.95 + shipping total.
I received the trial product and it was just OK, nothing special about it - didn't work any differently than anything else on the market. I would not have ordered any more Proactiv products as they are expensive and not worth it. The following month, I received a bill in the mail for $49.95 + shipping indicating that this was to pay for my first shipment of Proactiv. I contacted them to ask about this charge and was told that I had "joined their membership" by ordering the "risk-free trial" and that once per month I was now going to be billed that amount to pay for a "monthly supply" of Proactiv.
I informed that that I had never agreed to joining their membership and to cancel it immediately, which they said they did and sent me a cancellation notification. Seemed OK until I received a letter from a collection agency informing me that my payment of $49.95 + shipping was long overdue. A collection agency? So I once again contacted Proactiv who told me that in order for them to call off the collections agency, I had to mail back the shipment to them.
I asked if they meant the "trial" shipment that I had already paid for and they said no, the first shipment of my monthly membership. I told them I had never received anything else from them other than the original "trial" package which they had already charged $19.95 + shipping to my credit card for. This went on for months and I kept telling them I never received anything to send back to them. All I kept getting were more letters from the collection agency, who in turn reported this to the credit bureau.
Because it is almost impossible to purchase anything, like a car, house, etc., with a negative on your credit report, I finally had to send Proactiv a check for this amount for a product I never received from them.
If you want to keep a good credit score, don't purchase ANYTHING from Proactiv.Also, their products simply aren't worth the money they think they are.review #188990
You may also like
- "One day I was asked by my husband to call my credit card company & find out how much was owed, he also asked for the last 10 transactions. One..."
- "Below I posted a video of what wen by chaz dean did to my hair!~ It matted and fused my hair and I could not get it apart. I got..."
- "Spent £4k and left with fine hair to the front, asked for straight hair and left with frizzy curly hair. They try to rectify by poo smelling solutions which..."
- "What an absolutely pathetic experience. If you shop from these guys make sure to use a credit card which offers buyer protection. For me it has become a..."
- "My friend had been approached on his way out of Home Depot at Great Mall San Jose,CA by this Tailor Manager Giuseppe M., who asked his help to pay the..."
- "I purchased this water cooler at Frys Electronics in Sacramento almost 3 years ago. It bursted into flames. If it wasn't for our dog to alarm us, we would have..."
- "The Valero on 73rd and Bancroft in Oakland, CA is charging people different prices than posted. 3.999 posted for regular gas and on some pumps it charging 4.099. They..."
- "I recently purchased the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail polish in 3 colors with the top coat and I can tell you that it is not the product that they..."
- "Having a house built by Plantation Homes and the project manager is out of town. No work on the house all week and this is what I get! Was so..."