Proactiv "Trial Offer" is a scam
Proactive Solution constantly advertises their "risk-free trial" of their three top-selling products for $19.95, which seems reasonable.I ordered the "trial" over the phone giving my card number for the $19.95 + shipping total.
I received the trial product and it was just OK, nothing special about it - didn't work any differently than anything else on the market. I would not have ordered any more Proactiv products as they are expensive and not worth it. The following month, I received a bill in the mail for $49.95 + shipping indicating that this was to pay for my first shipment of Proactiv. I contacted them to ask about this charge and was told that I had "joined their membership" by ordering the "risk-free trial" and that once per month I was now going to be billed that amount to pay for a "monthly supply" of Proactiv.
I informed that that I had never agreed to joining their membership and to cancel it immediately, which they said they did and sent me a cancellation notification. Seemed OK until I received a letter from a collection agency informing me that my payment of $49.95 + shipping was long overdue. A collection agency? So I once again contacted Proactiv who told me that in order for them to call off the collections agency, I had to mail back the shipment to them.
I asked if they meant the "trial" shipment that I had already paid for and they said no, the first shipment of my monthly membership. I told them I had never received anything else from them other than the original "trial" package which they had already charged $19.95 + shipping to my credit card for. This went on for months and I kept telling them I never received anything to send back to them. All I kept getting were more letters from the collection agency, who in turn reported this to the credit bureau.
Because it is almost impossible to purchase anything, like a car, house, etc., with a negative on your credit report, I finally had to send Proactiv a check for this amount for a product I never received from them.
If you want to keep a good credit score, don't purchase ANYTHING from Proactiv.Also, their products simply aren't worth the money they think they are.12394ebf review #188990
You may also like
- "When seeing a $149.50 bill on my credit card for supposed sample kit for $5.95. I notified my bank about the charge then went to the site to question the..."
- "My experience with Cindy Crawford's meaningful beauty was a great journey, i Love how it makes my appearance youthful @ refreshing, the way it naturally should be without having to..."
- "I have used Nair before and it never has burned me before like this. I am not happy with this product at athis I also would'nt recommend this product to..."
- "i ordered a test sample for a few dollars. Since then they have been billing my CC out of companies as follows HYDRODERM GBRSPA $4.95 following month I started getting these..."
- " I HAD MY 1999 FORD WINDSTAR TRSNSMISSION REBUILT AT C&H TRSNSMISSIONS I GOT IT BACK A MONTH LATER WHEN I WAS TOLD IT WOULD TAKE 3DAYS..."
- "I purchased this water cooler at Frys Electronics in Sacramento almost 3 years ago. It bursted into flames. If it wasn't for our dog to alarm us, we would have..."
- "DO NOT BUY a product made by American Range. They have no commitment to quality or customer service. I have purchased a high-end American Range, ARROB-436GR, for 6 thousand dollars. The..."
- "Im writing from Conway Arkansas. I opened an account with fort sill national bank 3 months ago. Whrn they violated what wadbposted on a sign about getting your money 2..."
- "I ordered a camera online from American Camera. Received a voice mail later in the day. Gentelman stated the battery did not come with the camera! I comes with the..."
- "I signed up for the service last year and was promised a FULL and GREEN lawn this year ,not only is my lawn the worse on the block But I..."
- "IAM is my buddy I paid hi dollars for him and he will be 3 years old in May he has a microchip in him that drives him crazy sometimes..."
- "Pete Meier Ahwatukee Phoenix Realtor. This review covers what I believe could pose as serious concerns about Mr. Meier's character as a Realtor. Mr. Meier is a board..."