Proactiv "Trial Offer" is a scam
Proactive Solution constantly advertises their "risk-free trial" of their three top-selling products for $19.95, which seems reasonable.I ordered the "trial" over the phone giving my card number for the $19.95 + shipping total.
I received the trial product and it was just OK, nothing special about it - didn't work any differently than anything else on the market. I would not have ordered any more Proactiv products as they are expensive and not worth it. The following month, I received a bill in the mail for $49.95 + shipping indicating that this was to pay for my first shipment of Proactiv. I contacted them to ask about this charge and was told that I had "joined their membership" by ordering the "risk-free trial" and that once per month I was now going to be billed that amount to pay for a "monthly supply" of Proactiv.
I informed that that I had never agreed to joining their membership and to cancel it immediately, which they said they did and sent me a cancellation notification. Seemed OK until I received a letter from a collection agency informing me that my payment of $49.95 + shipping was long overdue. A collection agency? So I once again contacted Proactiv who told me that in order for them to call off the collections agency, I had to mail back the shipment to them.
I asked if they meant the "trial" shipment that I had already paid for and they said no, the first shipment of my monthly membership. I told them I had never received anything else from them other than the original "trial" package which they had already charged $19.95 + shipping to my credit card for. This went on for months and I kept telling them I never received anything to send back to them. All I kept getting were more letters from the collection agency, who in turn reported this to the credit bureau.
Because it is almost impossible to purchase anything, like a car, house, etc., with a negative on your credit report, I finally had to send Proactiv a check for this amount for a product I never received from them.
If you want to keep a good credit score, don't purchase ANYTHING from Proactiv.Also, their products simply aren't worth the money they think they are.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I purchased the Garnier "Blow Dry Perfector" kit that claims to keep your hair sleek and easier to blow-dry for up to 7 washes. Here's just the tip of..."
- "didn't remove hair and stopped working and it wasn't 90 days old yet.it sucks.would not recomend it to anyone.give me back my laser.that workedphone number.315-879-4349..want my money back..."
- "In response to everyone who posted that they didn't know they were signing up for a subscription: You're all idiots. You're blaming the company for your lack of education. Are..."
- "Pink and black mold in shower 3 Effingham, IL TA. Not acceptable!!!! If the showers were cleaned with bacterial fighting cleansers, such as those used in hospitals, mold and..."
- "I have been to chipotle a moth ago in San Mateo California and noticed that there was a fly/insect in the lettuce when shown it to one of your employee..."
- "What an absolutely pathetic experience. If you shop from these guys make sure to use a credit card which offers buyer protection. For me it has become a..."
- "Called 14 hrs in a three week span to try and get wires buried. I fell and I have osteoporosis! Finally cancelled today when I got my first bill for..."
- "Hi, I drove into checkers on Wesley chapel road, atlanta and ordered buffalo wings(5 for $5.99) and what I got is 4 lean mean bone of under-nourished just born chick legs..."
- "*******DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM ASHLEY HOMESTORES******So, I bought this sectional couch from ASHLEY FURNITURE HOME STORE IN GASTONIA less than 5 months ago. $1000.00 plus a 2 year extended..."