Proactiv "Trial Offer" is a scam
Proactive Solution constantly advertises their "risk-free trial" of their three top-selling products for $19.95, which seems reasonable.I ordered the "trial" over the phone giving my card number for the $19.95 + shipping total.
I received the trial product and it was just OK, nothing special about it - didn't work any differently than anything else on the market. I would not have ordered any more Proactiv products as they are expensive and not worth it. The following month, I received a bill in the mail for $49.95 + shipping indicating that this was to pay for my first shipment of Proactiv. I contacted them to ask about this charge and was told that I had "joined their membership" by ordering the "risk-free trial" and that once per month I was now going to be billed that amount to pay for a "monthly supply" of Proactiv.
I informed that that I had never agreed to joining their membership and to cancel it immediately, which they said they did and sent me a cancellation notification. Seemed OK until I received a letter from a collection agency informing me that my payment of $49.95 + shipping was long overdue. A collection agency? So I once again contacted Proactiv who told me that in order for them to call off the collections agency, I had to mail back the shipment to them.
I asked if they meant the "trial" shipment that I had already paid for and they said no, the first shipment of my monthly membership. I told them I had never received anything else from them other than the original "trial" package which they had already charged $19.95 + shipping to my credit card for. This went on for months and I kept telling them I never received anything to send back to them. All I kept getting were more letters from the collection agency, who in turn reported this to the credit bureau.
Because it is almost impossible to purchase anything, like a car, house, etc., with a negative on your credit report, I finally had to send Proactiv a check for this amount for a product I never received from them.
If you want to keep a good credit score, don't purchase ANYTHING from Proactiv.Also, their products simply aren't worth the money they think they are.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "This looks like a scam. I order the Meaningful Beauty products, and I have to say I like them but they are very expensive, I like the feeling of a..."
- "I just can't understand where any of the confusion stems from as far as billing goes... Yes the trial is advertised as either 29.95 or 19.95, but as I went..."
- "I am so disappointed with BH Cosmetics. I wanted to try their items because I saw a makeup artist do a tutorial on Instagram and the colors were so pretty...."
- "I have been to chipotle a moth ago in San Mateo California and noticed that there was a fly/insect in the lettuce when shown it to one of your employee..."
- "They store had a big sign in their window stating Military Discount. I went to buy some antifreeze from a shelf containing many varieties. I choose the one I wanted..."
- "All of the sudden the sole of my left Wolverine Work Boot sole is crumbling away. The right side is in great shape but for some weird reason the left..."
- "I've used Cascade for years. Just tried the 31.7 oz container, with 50 count, 6x power, Gain scented Cascade packets. The glass ware (bowls and glasses) come out with a..."
- "I ordered the "I don't need therapy all I need is to listen to Ry Cooder" sweatshirt because the design was cool and I love Ry Cooder. The shirt..."
- "Good day to you and the rest of staffs. My name is Miss Joan Shurland, one of your over seas customer. I brought a skirt from you which I receive..."