Proactiv "Trial Offer" is a scam
Proactive Solution constantly advertises their "risk-free trial" of their three top-selling products for $19.95, which seems reasonable.I ordered the "trial" over the phone giving my card number for the $19.95 + shipping total.
I received the trial product and it was just OK, nothing special about it - didn't work any differently than anything else on the market. I would not have ordered any more Proactiv products as they are expensive and not worth it. The following month, I received a bill in the mail for $49.95 + shipping indicating that this was to pay for my first shipment of Proactiv. I contacted them to ask about this charge and was told that I had "joined their membership" by ordering the "risk-free trial" and that once per month I was now going to be billed that amount to pay for a "monthly supply" of Proactiv.
I informed that that I had never agreed to joining their membership and to cancel it immediately, which they said they did and sent me a cancellation notification. Seemed OK until I received a letter from a collection agency informing me that my payment of $49.95 + shipping was long overdue. A collection agency? So I once again contacted Proactiv who told me that in order for them to call off the collections agency, I had to mail back the shipment to them.
I asked if they meant the "trial" shipment that I had already paid for and they said no, the first shipment of my monthly membership. I told them I had never received anything else from them other than the original "trial" package which they had already charged $19.95 + shipping to my credit card for. This went on for months and I kept telling them I never received anything to send back to them. All I kept getting were more letters from the collection agency, who in turn reported this to the credit bureau.
Because it is almost impossible to purchase anything, like a car, house, etc., with a negative on your credit report, I finally had to send Proactiv a check for this amount for a product I never received from them.
If you want to keep a good credit score, don't purchase ANYTHING from Proactiv.Also, their products simply aren't worth the money they think they are.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I am so disappointed with BH Cosmetics. I wanted to try their items because I saw a makeup artist do a tutorial on Instagram and the colors were so pretty...."
- "Bought the warm kit, six shades, the image shows one purple color in the kit. Sure enough they send me two purples. I called them and they said they send..."
- "didn't remove hair and stopped working and it wasn't 90 days old yet.it sucks.would not recomend it to anyone.give me back my laser.that workedphone number.315-879-4349..want my money back..."
- "All of the sudden the sole of my left Wolverine Work Boot sole is crumbling away. The right side is in great shape but for some weird reason the left..."
- " Most Pathetic service by Target.com online and worse they don't let you submit a bad review!!!. I wonder how is their online business even surviving?? I ordered this item and..."
- "My friend had been approached on his way out of Home Depot at Great Mall San Jose,CA by this Tailor Manager Giuseppe M., who asked his help to pay the..."
- "The car was listed on the internet for $18,895.00 but when I talked to the sales man Stephen Staff he added $2600 for what they call reconditioning and certification. (..."
- "At the time of this writing China Eastern's website + customer service are hopelessly broken. Broken, as in impossible to use to perform even the most basic tasks, in almost..."
- "On 4/28/16 I shopped Walmart using the earn 7 points per dollar. My purchase came to $212.00. I should have earned 1484 points. Instead they are crediting me for 824...."