Proactive Solution constantly advertises their "risk-free trial" of their three top-selling products for $19.95, which seems reasonable.I ordered the "trial" over the phone giving my card number for the $19.95 + shipping total.
I received the trial product and it was just OK, nothing special about it - didn't work any differently than anything else on the market. I would not have ordered any more Proactiv products as they are expensive and not worth it. The following month, I received a bill in the mail for $49.95 + shipping indicating that this was to pay for my first shipment of Proactiv. I contacted them to ask about this charge and was told that I had "joined their membership" by ordering the "risk-free trial" and that once per month I was now going to be billed that amount to pay for a "monthly supply" of Proactiv.
I informed that that I had never agreed to joining their membership and to cancel it immediately, which they said they did and sent me a cancellation notification. Seemed OK until I received a letter from a collection agency informing me that my payment of $49.95 + shipping was long overdue. A collection agency? So I once again contacted Proactiv who told me that in order for them to call off the collections agency, I had to mail back the shipment to them.
I asked if they meant the "trial" shipment that I had already paid for and they said no, the first shipment of my monthly membership. I told them I had never received anything else from them other than the original "trial" package which they had already charged $19.95 + shipping to my credit card for. This went on for months and I kept telling them I never received anything to send back to them. All I kept getting were more letters from the collection agency, who in turn reported this to the credit bureau.
Because it is almost impossible to purchase anything, like a car, house, etc., with a negative on your credit report, I finally had to send Proactiv a check for this amount for a product I never received from them.
If you want to keep a good credit score, don't purchase ANYTHING from Proactiv.Also, their products simply aren't worth the money they think they are.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Trial Membership
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I do not sell for this company but after seeing the explosive YouTube videos of the Mineral Liquid Foundation that even covered sharpie drawn on faces, I just HAD to..."
- "Spent £4k and left with fine hair to the front, asked for straight hair and left with frizzy curly hair. They try to rectify by poo smelling solutions which..."
- "I.have currently been on hold for 30 min still waiting....my consultant that I used is practically ignoring me. I let her know Monday that I received my order but was..."
- "I bought a 10 pc bucket of chicken from the KFC at 955 Saratoga Ave, San Jose on Sunday Feb. 1, 2015. The bucket contained 3 *** total. ..."
- "Purchased the mat beginning of November 2015, started using it 3-months ago, hitting about 400 balls a week just for my own personal use, and one bad hit resulted in..."
- "Banner AD clearly states "free 30-day trial" for "$3.99"--have a screenshot of it, too. Upon receiving email, I find I'm being charged "$4.99" for a 14-day supply. Tried calling the..."
- "We bought it for my parents as a gift for their new home and after 5 months, the head cushion started peeling. This is supposed to be a "genuine leather"..."
- "I bought a leather sofa for $1200.00 (1st mistake) from Art Van. I noticed after 2-3 months that the back of the sofa was wearing off. I treated it with..."
- "I was cheated by Michael John Walker. We didn't talked on Skype so maybe someone used his photos ( even from passport ) and other information. He wrote a lot..."