Proactiv "Trial Offer" is a scam
Proactive Solution constantly advertises their "risk-free trial" of their three top-selling products for $19.95, which seems reasonable.I ordered the "trial" over the phone giving my card number for the $19.95 + shipping total.
I received the trial product and it was just OK, nothing special about it - didn't work any differently than anything else on the market. I would not have ordered any more Proactiv products as they are expensive and not worth it. The following month, I received a bill in the mail for $49.95 + shipping indicating that this was to pay for my first shipment of Proactiv. I contacted them to ask about this charge and was told that I had "joined their membership" by ordering the "risk-free trial" and that once per month I was now going to be billed that amount to pay for a "monthly supply" of Proactiv.
I informed that that I had never agreed to joining their membership and to cancel it immediately, which they said they did and sent me a cancellation notification. Seemed OK until I received a letter from a collection agency informing me that my payment of $49.95 + shipping was long overdue. A collection agency? So I once again contacted Proactiv who told me that in order for them to call off the collections agency, I had to mail back the shipment to them.
I asked if they meant the "trial" shipment that I had already paid for and they said no, the first shipment of my monthly membership. I told them I had never received anything else from them other than the original "trial" package which they had already charged $19.95 + shipping to my credit card for. This went on for months and I kept telling them I never received anything to send back to them. All I kept getting were more letters from the collection agency, who in turn reported this to the credit bureau.
Because it is almost impossible to purchase anything, like a car, house, etc., with a negative on your credit report, I finally had to send Proactiv a check for this amount for a product I never received from them.
If you want to keep a good credit score, don't purchase ANYTHING from Proactiv.Also, their products simply aren't worth the money they think they are.review #188990
You may also like
- "I have their ADDRESS if you want to complain!QIAN XING CO LTDC/0 SHEN LIAN YUN 3 , floor N08GONGYE RD NAN SHAN PARK IF RTOHONG KONGSo... i complained yesterday that..."
- "I recently purchased the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail polish in 3 colors with the top coat and I can tell you that it is not the product that they..."
- "Ordered these online only to discover the next day it was a scam, so raced to bank and cancelled the bank account, was lucky they only scammed me $20. Once..."
- " I HAD MY 1999 FORD WINDSTAR TRSNSMISSION REBUILT AT C&H TRSNSMISSIONS I GOT IT BACK A MONTH LATER WHEN I WAS TOLD IT WOULD TAKE 3DAYS..."
- "DO NOT BUY a product made by American Range. They have no commitment to quality or customer service. I have purchased a high-end American Range, ARROB-436GR, for 6 thousand dollars. The..."
- "I purchased a hitch for my Odyssey that supposedly had high reviews. Now I've realized that the reviews were likely fake. The box arrived with the hitch protruding..."
- "Over-priced, poorly constructed cheap materials made in China. The clothes and accessories always wear out fast. The shirts become loose and fall apart, same with he dresses, shoes fall apart,..."
- "as I was using this flashlight the small bulb inside came loose I had this flashlight approximately 4 to 5 months I returned to Menard's in Bismarck, North Dakota store..."
- "I bought a 2 peice sofa love seat relinrr bonded leather the arms are very week and the seating is un even and I bought extra insurance on my furniture...."