Proactiv "Trial Offer" is a scam
Proactive Solution constantly advertises their "risk-free trial" of their three top-selling products for $19.95, which seems reasonable.I ordered the "trial" over the phone giving my card number for the $19.95 + shipping total.
I received the trial product and it was just OK, nothing special about it - didn't work any differently than anything else on the market. I would not have ordered any more Proactiv products as they are expensive and not worth it. The following month, I received a bill in the mail for $49.95 + shipping indicating that this was to pay for my first shipment of Proactiv. I contacted them to ask about this charge and was told that I had "joined their membership" by ordering the "risk-free trial" and that once per month I was now going to be billed that amount to pay for a "monthly supply" of Proactiv.
I informed that that I had never agreed to joining their membership and to cancel it immediately, which they said they did and sent me a cancellation notification. Seemed OK until I received a letter from a collection agency informing me that my payment of $49.95 + shipping was long overdue. A collection agency? So I once again contacted Proactiv who told me that in order for them to call off the collections agency, I had to mail back the shipment to them.
I asked if they meant the "trial" shipment that I had already paid for and they said no, the first shipment of my monthly membership. I told them I had never received anything else from them other than the original "trial" package which they had already charged $19.95 + shipping to my credit card for. This went on for months and I kept telling them I never received anything to send back to them. All I kept getting were more letters from the collection agency, who in turn reported this to the credit bureau.
Because it is almost impossible to purchase anything, like a car, house, etc., with a negative on your credit report, I finally had to send Proactiv a check for this amount for a product I never received from them.
If you want to keep a good credit score, don't purchase ANYTHING from Proactiv.Also, their products simply aren't worth the money they think they are.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I am so disappointed with BH Cosmetics. I wanted to try their items because I saw a makeup artist do a tutorial on Instagram and the colors were so pretty...."
- "This advertisement: which claims to be endorsed by dr. Oz. seems to be a *** , when you call the number on there web site you get know real person,..."
- "I was on line and i saw this particular product wanted to try it. I was led to believe ,that it was free trial. I actually quite surprised to recieve..."
- "Banner AD clearly states "free 30-day trial" for "$3.99"--have a screenshot of it, too. Upon receiving email, I find I'm being charged "$4.99" for a 14-day supply. Tried calling the..."
- "Im writing from Conway Arkansas. I opened an account with fort sill national bank 3 months ago. Whrn they violated what wadbposted on a sign about getting your money 2..."
- "What an absolutely pathetic experience. If you shop from these guys make sure to use a credit card which offers buyer protection. For me it has become a..."
- "I purchased with cash a hat for my wife on 8/22/15 at your St Pete Beach store. My wife did not care for it and did not use it. I..."
- "I placed a baby bed on layaway & paid it off early. I was told at the time of purchase and during several payment visits, that it would be available..."
- "I received these, ordered pre-wired. The plugs came in wired backwards, was told in an email to just the force the plug in the other way. After reversing the..."