Irvine, California
1.6K views 10 comments

I returned Proactiv solutions order I received and they verified I returned it.Yet somehow they said I still owed them money and they filed a nonpayment on my credit report.

Related: Proactiv - Just try and cancel! DO NOT SIGN UP

Same yourself some frustration and don't order, the active ingredient is the same as most other products on the market. Also, read the fine print: they will KEEP SHIPPING you product and you'll owe more and more each month!

The whole operation is set up to scam customers.I think the celebrities endorsing this product should be ashamed of themselves - but I guess they're busy counting their money.

Review about: Proactiv Solutions.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Proactiv Shipping Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $100
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Proactiv?

Comments

I continue to receive proactiv packages that I didn't order. I've tried calling several months ago and was told that I ordered the products (which I haven't). I have refused the packages when they come to me, but with reading all of this, it does seem as though it's a scam and that this business is exploiting people.

I'm pretty nervous because of all these things I've read.I just received a package from them a couple days ago.

I should've researched these things first, so that's my fault, but I decided to try Proactiv Plus because the original stuff was great for me.

This new stuff made my skin dry out. Thankfully, once I noticed, i didn't use it again.

I sent them an email to cancel my account so I have to wait to hear back from them.Hopefully, this will go over smoothly.

June
Sacramento, California, United States #742718

This Proactiv Company is getting away with our money. I Purchase online last May, on June they gave me a box without my consent purchasing it, I check my credit account and it says there I purchase that item which I never did.

I called them and said that I never purchase it and want to cancel my account. From July to October so I have statement in my Credit Card that I purchase but they never sent me the product, so I made a complaint in my credit card company to cancel permanently the merchant, it was approve but this November I had a letter from a Collection Agency stating about my Delinquent Account

They have lots of Address

361448 Des Moines IA 50336-7448

1550 ECLECTIC ST STE 200 PALM DESERT CA 92260-1967

Foothill Ranch 25892 Towne Centre Drive Foothill Ranch CA 92610-3437

How do these people get away with this? or are we just allowing them? The only reason I bought their product because of curiosity, their ads in Airport, TV, Posters with known artists are all good and seems make believe.

Dont buy their product online instead if you really just curious and want to try it, buy them in kiosk stores.

:my mother bought proactive for me cause I have reached my mouth and It had not arived it said it would be arived at april 25 at our house and it was april 28 my mum looked at her mail and started yelling at them on the phone

yep
Denver, Colorado, United States #610473

Proactive has made me so mad, I have had to call the three times and they still seem to keep charging me, even though they don't even send me anything...do not let them have your credit card number

Anna
Peoria, Arizona, United States #592946

Re: Proactiv Scam

I am also dealing with the same promblem.I canceled proactiv two months ago, but they still keeping charging me for their product, when i don't even recive it.

PROACTIV IS SCAM - DON'T BUY.Ans it does'nt even work.

Brias mom

They did the same thing to my teen daughter-charged her account for months and never sent products-probably getting bold! I will just close her account.

John

The same scam happened to me. Both Proactiv & Vitaclear belong to Guthy Renker LLC, scammers.

I reported them to the BBB and got a full refund on my credit charges, following is their response to my complaint:

Thank you for contacting Guthy|Renker through the Better Business Bureau. We received your inquiry and sincerely apologize for any miscommunication. We take these complaints very seriously and appreciate the time you have taken to let us know about your experience. We make every effort to be forthcoming regarding our promotions and offers for Proactiv® via the website, TV infomercials, inbound sales phone line, print materials, product packaging and billing. The offer on the website for $19.95 per month refers to the Proactiv® 3-piece kit. Our records indicate that you opted for the Proactiv® 5-piece kit, therefore making the monthly cost $29.95. Per the terms of the online offer, your second Proactiv® shipment was sent on October 11, 2012 for a total of $99.84 to be billed in three installments over three consecutive billing cycles. The first payment of $39.94 (included $9.99), was charged at the time of shipping, leaving a balance of $59.90. In an effort to fully resolve this matter, I have issued a refund of $39.94 and cleared the $59.90 balance. This credit will show as two separate transactions, one in the amount of $29.95, and the other for $9.99 (s&h). Please allow 3-5 business days for this credit to post. Your Proactiv® account is now...

Don't let these scammers steal your hard earned money

Mae

My chat with proactiv. This might help explain the scammy mystery charges.

Proactiv: Thank you for your inquiry. Please wait while we connect you with a specialist.

Proactiv: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.

Proactiv: Thank you for your patience. Please hold for the next available live chat agent.

Proactiv: Hello, my name is Lisa. I am sorry you wish to cancel. May I ask who am I chatting with today?

You: This is maegen

Proactiv: Meagen, I would like to thank you for being a valued Proactiv member and I am sorry you wish...

You: Lisa, this is my account # 458160330

Proactiv: Thanks, just a moment while I bring up your account.

Proactiv: Maegen, I have your account up and I can see that you've been a member since August and we certainly do appreciate you. I'm sorry you need to cancel. May I ask what is leading to that decision?

You: Sure, I noticed that the price seems to go up and I dont want to receive automatic delivery

Proactiv: I understand we have just shipped a new kit out to you and after that kit nothing else will be shipped. You do still have 2 more payments of 29.95 each left and after those payments nothing else will be billed to you.

Proactiv: I’m sorry, but I’m not receiving your responses. Are you still there?

You: yes just a sec sorry

You: It looked like on my account that my next bill was going to be $50 and $60 after taht

Proactiv: The first payment for the last kit was 48.18 and then you have 2 payments left of 29.95 each.

Proactiv: I’m sorry, but I’m not receiving your responses. Are you still there?

You: when I edit the kit online it says it costs more than that

You: what is the 29.95 for

Proactiv: The total for your kit was 108.08 and it was divided into 3 payments.

You: Wow I was scammed by proactive. didnt see that coming.

You: So I'm going to buy more kits and still paying on the first kit?

Proactiv: I'm really sorry you feel that way. The total I just gave you is basically what you just gave me. I just divided it out for you. You are making one payment of about $50.00 and then have a balance due of about $60.00

Proactiv: I have canceled your account. May I help you with anything else?

You: Yes just one more time, the first kit I still owe for and also owe for the kit that is in the mail?

You: and after that no more shipments?

Proactiv: No you only owe for the kit that is in the mail after that nothing else will be billed or shipped.

Proactiv: The entry kit has been paid if full.

You: my balance is 60$ total?

Proactiv: yes 2 payments of 29.95. One due on 10-15 and the last one due on 11-12-12

Proactiv: I’m sorry, but I’m not receiving your responses. Are you still there?

You: I'm not trying to pick on you, im really sorry. this first kit was $108? then the second kit was separate right? so is the 29.95 x2 for the first only? and there is going to be a balance for the one in the mail?

Proactiv: it okay. I can understand, the billing can be confusing. The first kit was an entry kit for 32.42 it was 29.95 plus tax. The second kit thats on its way is 108.08. Its divided into 3 payments. The first payment was 48.18 and has been charged when it shipped out. The next two payments are 29.95 and one is due on 10-15-12 and the last one on 11-12-12.

Proactiv: The second kit is a 3 month supply and is 3 times the size of the entry kit.

You: ohhhh ok. thank you so much.

Proactiv: You are welcome. Do you have any other questions?

You: no, thank you for your help and cancelling my account. have a good day.

Proactiv: Thank you so much for allowing me to assist you today. Should you have any additional questions, we are here for you 24/7 via chat or phone at 1-800-235-6050. We thank you for visiting www.Proactiv.com, and we hope to chat with you again. Have a wonderful day!

boopsie42

It's true.they did a similar thing to me.

I called to cancel my membership.

The phone rep verified that my account was closed and that my credit card was deactivated.I've been getting non payment letters ever since.